Campaign to Re-Elect State Representative Caddy McKeown
Department: Field Operations
Title: Field Organizer
Application Deadline: September 4th
Caddy McKeown for State Representative is seeking qualified, highly motivated individuals to fill the role of Field Organizer. Field Organizers serve an important role on the front lines of politics and government, and organizer experience is vital to anyone seeking a career in politics.
State Representative Caddy McKeown represents House District 9 in the Oregon State Legislature, which includes Yachats, Florence, Reedsport, North Bend and Coos Bay. She has served three terms in the Oregon State Legislature and is seeking re-election to a fourth.
The campaign is searching for applicants that are looking to gain immediate managerial and political experience, while working to promote progressive ideas and ideologies. We currently have offices in Coos Bay and Florence, and are working alongside the Coos County Democrats, the Florence Area Democratic Club and the campaign to re-election U.S. Congressman Peter DeFazio. The campaign will expand over the course of the election cycle. Thus, opportunities for rapid advancement are certainly available.
*We currently have openings in both Coos Bay and Florence*
Field Organizers (FOs) are responsible for recruitment, training and management of canvass teams.
FOs report directly to the Field Director.
Applicants for the position must possess strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. They must possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. The willingness to work extended hours and weekends is also required.
Field Organizer Responsibilities
Recruitment, Hiring and Training
- Assisting the Field Director in canvasser recruitment activities and ensuring that recruitment goals are achieved
- Ensuring the successful training and orientation of canvassers
- Providing canvass teams with the positive leadership culture, resources, guidance and technical support required to succeed in face-to-face interactions with voters
- Promoting the continued development of canvassers and canvass teams in their day-to-day operations
- Communicating all pertinent on-the-ground information to, and providing timely response to requests from, the canvassers under your direction
- Ensuring that canvass teams properly perform their roles and maintain accurate and reliable data
- Providing the Field Director with daily reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
Desired Skills and Experience
- Customer service or other relevant communications-based experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Previous management experience a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving
- The ability to teach others new skills
An understanding and appreciation of the urgent nature and time demands of campaigns
- Willingness to work weekends
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Compensation and Hours
- Unpaid internship
- Flexible hours and ability to vary schedule weekly
- We will work with you to build responsibilities that are in line with your professional goals, and find opportunities to expand your skills and resume
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19th. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. We are looking to fill Field Director positions as soon as possible. For questions or for more information, please call (541) 290-1855.